High-Speed Internet for Bay City
With EarthLink Internet, you’ll never be in hot water. As a top internet provider in Michigan, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Bay City. Plus, this beautiful river town has a growing startup ecosystem, meaning the expansion of fiber internet is essential no matter where you live and work.
Hyperlink high speed internet
Download speed up to 1000 MBPS per second*
- There are six fiber internet providers in the Bay City area
- Roughly 20% of Bay City has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- The Central Michigan University Research Corp. business incubator expands into Bay City, spurring economic growth 1
- The Michigan and Small Business Development Center (MSBDC) helps local Bay City business survive and thrive 2
- The average internet speed in Bay City is 246 Mbps 3
- The cost of living in Bay City is 12% less than the national average 4
- The median home price in Bay City is $84,824 5
Things to Do in Bay City
Located along Saginaw River and just a stone’s throw away from Saginaw Bay and Lake Huron, Bay City is known for its antique shops, local breweries, outdoor getaways, and charming downtown area. You’ll love it here.
Enjoy a relaxing, picturesque walk on the Riverwalk Pier, which affords incredible views of both the city and the river.
Spend the day at the Bay City State Recreation Area on Saginaw Bay, featuring 7 miles of hiking trails.
Find something amazing at Bay Antique Center, a 60,000-square-foot antique shop located in the historic Campbell House Hotel.
Wet your whistle at Tri-State Brewing, a local microbrewery with tons of options on tap.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Bay City, Michigan.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Bay City, Michigan
We’re not just a Michigan internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Bay City internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Bay City Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Bay City Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Bay City Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Bay City Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Michigan.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 107,110 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Bay City internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Bay City — including zip codes 48706, 48707, 48708, 48710
- Burton — including zip codes 48509, 48519, 48529
- Clarkston — including zip codes 48346, 48347, 48348
- Flint — including zip codes 48501, 48502, 48503, 48504, 48505, 48506, 48507, 48509, 48519, 48529, 48531, 49532, 48550, 48551, 48552, 48553, 48554, 48555, 48556, 48557
- Frankenmuth — including zip codes 48734 and 48787
- Midland — including zip codes 48640, 48641, 48642, 48667, 48670, 48674, 48686
- Owosso — including zip codes 48841 and 48867
- Saginaw — including zip codes 48601, 48602, 48603, 48604, 48605, 48606, 48607, 48608, 48609, 48638, 48663
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect: name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Business incubator for entrepreneurs expands into Bay City” via M Live, 1/19/2019
- “Michigan & Small Business Development Center” via Bay City MI, 2021
- “Internet Providers in Bay City, MI” via All Connect, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Bay City, MI” via Salary.com, 2021
- “Bay City Home Values” via Zillow, 2021