High-Speed Internet for Birmingham
Forget about disappearing internet connections. With EarthLink Internet, you’ll always be able to find your signal. As a top internet provider in Birmingham, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Magic City. Plus, Birmingham has been rated as one of the top cities for jobs — meaning that you can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet, no matter your industry.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are three fiber internet providers in the Birmingham area.
- Roughly 43% of Birmingham has access to fiber internet. 2
- EarthLink has the one of the most widespread fiber high-speed internetoptions in Birmingham.
- Birmingham has been rated as one of the best cities for jobs in the U.S. 5
- Birmingham has more than 550 technology companies, employing more than 6,300 skilled workers. 1
- The average internet speed in Birmingham is 163.6 Mbps 3
- The cost of living in Birmingham is 9% less than the national average 4
- Millennials are 28.5% of homebuyers in Birmingham 6
Things to Do in Birmingham
Birmingham’s natural abundance of coal, iron ore, and limestone made the city the center of the iron and steel industry. Today, the Magic City offers an iconic mix of history, innovative science, and outdoor recreation.
See the world’s largest cast iron statute, Vulcan, which stands at the entrance to Vulcan Park & Museum and learn about the city’s industrial history
The whole family will enjoy the interactive science and technology exhibits at the McSwane Science Center, featuring an aquarium and IMAX theater
Get out and enjoy a concert, bike ride, run, or walk the in the city’s award winning 19-acre Railroad Park in the heart of downtown
History buff? Don’t miss the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute or Rickwood Field, America’s oldest professional baseball park
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare speeds available Birmingham, Alabama internet speeds.
The right connection and transparent pricing will also extend to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Birmingham, Alabama
We’re not just an Alabama internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by NortonLifeLock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Birmingham internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Birmingham Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Birmingham Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Birmingham Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Birmingham Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Birmingham Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Alabama.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 207,235 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Birmingham internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Adamsville — including zip codes 35005, 35062, 35073, 35214, 35224
- Alton — including zip codes 35015 and 35210
- Bessemer — including zip codes 35024, 35021, 35022, 35023, 35111
- Birmingham — including zip codes 35060, 35061, 35068, 35073, 35094, 35119, 35139, 35172, 35203, 35204, 35205, 35206, 35207, 35208, 35209, 35212, 35213, 35215, 35218, 35221, 35222, 35228, 35233, 35234, 35254, 36201
- Brookside — including zip codes 35036, 35073, 35214
- Clay — including zip codes 35048, 35126, 35173, 35215
- Forestdale — including zip codes 35005, 35214, 35231
- Fultondale — including zip codes 35068, 35207, 35215, 32517
- Gardendale — including zip codes 35071, 35116, 35117, 35119, 35217
- Graysville — including zip codes 35005, 35062, 35073, 35117, 35214
- Kimberly — including zip codes 35071, 35091, 35116
- Leeds — including zip codes 35004, 35094, 35173
- Trussville — including zip codes 35004, 35173, 35210, 35235
- Vestavia Hills — including zip codes 35216, 35223, 35226, 35242, 35243, 35266
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect are name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.