High-Speed Internet for Midland
With EarthLink Internet, the sky’s the limit. As a top internet provider in Midland, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Tall City (so named after its towering downtown skyline). Plus, Midland has been rated as one of the top cities to move to in Texas — meaning that you can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet no matter where you go.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are eight fiber internet providers in the Midland area
- Roughly 26% of Midland has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- Midland is ranked the 2nd top Texas city everyone is moving to1
- In 2018, Midland had the biggest income growth of any American city, outpacing New York2
- The average internet speed in Midland is 966 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Midland is 4% less than the national average4
- The median home price in Midland is $285,2345
Things to Do in Midland
Located midway between El Paso and Fort Worth (get it?), Midland is a hotbed of cultural attractions, delicious eats, and so much more. Discover everything this West Texas city has to offer.
Explore the Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, home to the largest collection of antique oil drilling tools in the world.
Stop by the George W. Bush Childhood Home, home to both father and son from 1951 to 1955.
Satisfy your sweet tooth at Susie’s South Forty Confections Candy Factory, known for being the Guinness World Record Holder for making the largest piece of toffee.
Reach for the stars at the Marian Blakemore Planetarium, featuring a night sky simulator and daily talks from local scientists.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Midland, Texas.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Midland, Texas
We’re not just a Texas internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Midland internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Midland Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Midland Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Midland Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Midland Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Midland Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Texas.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 183,679 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Midland internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Midland — including zip codes 79701, 79702, 79703, 79704, 79705, 79706, 79707, 79708, 79710, 79711, 79712
- Big Spring — including zip codes 79720 and 79721
- Garden City — including zip code 79739
- Goldsmith — including zip code 79741
- Gardendale — including zip code 79758
- Lenorah — including zip code 79749
- Knott — including zip code 79748
- Odessa — including zip codes 79760, 79761, 79762, 79763, 79764, 79765, 79766, 79768, 79769
- Stanton — including zip code 79782
- Tarzan — including zip code 79783
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect: name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Midland Area” via Business in Texas, 2021
- “Elon Musk, like everyone else, is moving to Texas. Here are 12 Lone Star State cities America is in love with” via Business Insider, 12/10/2020
- “Fiber Optic Internet Providers and TV Companies in Midland, TX” via Best Neighborhood, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Midland, Texas” via Payscale, 2021