High-Speed Internet for Knoxville
With EarthLink, you can forget about internet that’s all smoke and mirrors. As a top internet provider in Knoxville, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains. Plus, K-Town has both a cheap cost of living and a growing startup scene, meaning that you can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet no matter whether you’re working from home or starting a new business.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are ten fiber internet providers in the Knoxville area
- Roughly 46% of Knoxville has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- Knoxville ranked one of the top 50 cities to live in the United States1
- Startup Knox is an incubator committed to helping new ventures thrive2
- The average internet speed in Knoxville is 40 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Knoxville is 18% less than the national average4
- The median home price in Knoxville is $249,1465
Things to Do in Knoxville
Known as the Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains, Knoxville is a beautiful, vibrant East Tennessee town first settled in 1791. From unique cultural attractions to mouth-watering food, you’ll Knox yourself out here.
Visit the Sunsphere, an iconic hexagonal structure built for the 1982 World’s Fair.
Another remnant of the 1982 World’s Fair is the World’s Largest Rubik’s Cube, which can be found in the Knoxville Convention Center lobby.
Cheer on the University of Tennesse Vols at the Neyland Stadium along with 84,000 other screaming fans.
Try one of the best biscuit sandwiches in Tennessee (according to USA Today) at OliBea.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Knoxville, Tennessee.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Knoxville, Tennessee
We’re not just a Tennessee internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life.We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Knoxville internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Knoxville Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Knoxville Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Knoxville Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Knoxville Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Knoxville Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Tennessee.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 868,546 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Knoxville internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Knoxville — including zip codes 37901, 37902, 37909, 37912, 37914, 37915, 37916, 37918, 37919, 37920, 37921, 37922, 37923, 37924, 37927, 37929, 37930, 37931, 37932, 37933, 37934, 37938
- Clinton — including zip codes 37716 and 37717
- Farragut — including zip codes 37933 and 37934
- Pigeon Forge — including zip codes 37862, 37863, 37864, 37868, 37876
- Oak Ridge — including zip codes 37830 and 37831
- New Tazewell — including zip codes 37824 and 37825
- Maryville — including zip codes 37801, 37802, 37803, 37804
- Lenoir City — including zip codes 37771 and 37772
- La Follette — including zip codes 37729 and 37766
- Sevierville — including zip codes 37862, 37863, 37864, 37868, 37876
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Knoxville ranked in top 50 places to live in the country” via WVLT 7/14/2021
- “What is Startup Knox?” via Startup Knox, 2021
- “Fiber Optic Internet Providers and TV Companies in Knoxville Metro, TN” via Best Neighborhood, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Knoxville, Tennessee” via Payscale, 2021