High-Speed Internet for Greenwood
With EarthLink Internet, you’ll never be green with envy over someone else’s internet connection. As a top internet provider in Greenwood, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Emerald City. Plus, Greenwood has a growing manufacturing and tech sector, meaning that you can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet no matter what field you’re in.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are two fiber internet providers in the Greenwood area
- Roughly 16% of Greenwood has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- From 2010-2020, professional, scientific, and technical service jobs in Greenwood grew 29%1
- VisionGreenwood, which works to advance Greenwood’s economy, is dedicated to improving the city’s tech and innovation sectors2
- The average internet speed in Greenwood is 972 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Greenwood is 9% less than the national average4
- The median home price in Greenwood is $152,0715
Things to Do in Greenwood
With a nickname like the “Emerald City,” it’s no wonder Greenwood is a jem of a city. Whether you’re a nature lover or history buff, you’ll never run out of things to do in this charming Southern city.
Explore artisan boutiques on the “World’s Widest Main Street” in Uptown Greenwood and be sure to stop by the Uptown Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
While you’re still on Main Street, check out the Museum and Railroad Historical Center for a peek at the city’s manufacturing and railway history.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city at Lake Greenwood, a gorgeous, expansive 11,400-acre lake renowned for its fishing.
Learn about Revolutionary War battles at the Ninety Six National Historic Site (AKA Old 69)—the site of the very first land battle in 1775.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Greenwood, South Carolina.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Greenwood, South Carolina
We’re not just a South Carolina internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Greenwood internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Greenwood Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Greenwood Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Greenwood Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Greenwood Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Greenwood Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in South Carolina.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 273,101 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Bryan internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Greenwood — including zip codes 29646, 29647, 20648, 29649
- Anderson — including zip codes 29621, 29622, 29623, 29624, 29625, 29626
- Easley — including zip codes 29640, 29641, 29642
- Greenville — including zip codes 29601, 29602, 29603, 29604, 29605, 29606, 29607, 29608, 29709, 29610, 29611, 29612, 29613, 29614, 29615, 29616, 29617
- Greer — including zip codes 29650, 29651, 29652
- Hodges — including zip codes 29653 and 29695
- McCormick — including zip codes 29835 and 29899
- Simpsonville — including zip codes 29680 and 29681
- Spartanburg — including zip codes 29301, 29302, 29303, 29304, 29305, 29306, 29307, 29316, 29319
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect: name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Economic” via Greenwood County, 2020
- “Closing the Gap” via VisionGreenwood, 2021
- “Fiber Optic Internet Providers and TV Companies in Greenwood, SC” via Best Neighborhood, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Greenwood, SC” via Salary.com, 2021
- “Greenwood Home Values” via Zillow, 2021