High-Speed Internet for Charleston
Don’t harbor fears about whether your internet will perform or not! With EarthLink Internet, you’ll always have a safe and secure connection. As a top internet provider in Charleston, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Holy City. Plus, it’s been rated as one of the top cities for remote work, so you can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet no matter where you roam.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are four internet providers operating in Charleston.1
- Roughly 22% of Charleston has access to fiber internet 1
- Earthlink has the best high-speed internet coverage.
- Charleston is one of the top 10 U.S. cities for remote work. 5
- The Charleston area is home to more than 400 technology companies. 2
- The average internet speed in Charleston is 135 Mbps. 3
- The cost of living in Charleston is 4% more than the national average. 4
- Homebuyers in the Palmetto State are diverse, as 22% are Gen Xers, 25% are Millennials, and 30% are Baby Boomers 6
Things to Do in Charleston
With its cobblestone walkways, Spanish-moss draped trees, and world-class restaurants, Charleston projects a casual elegance reminiscent of bygone days. But don’t think it’s stuck in the past. The city also boasts more than 700 tech-related companies in the aerospace, defense, medical, and tech product and service industries.
There’s something for everyone:
Take a tour of some the only surviving plantation homes in the South such as Drayton Hall or Magnolia Plantation & Swamp Gardens.
Spend the afternoon shopping at the Charleston City Market where straw weavers have been selling baskets, placemats, and more since the 1800s.
Ride a ferry to Fort Sumter and drink in the historic battlefield where the first shot of the Civil War was fired in 1861.
Surrounded by the Atlantic coastline and 3 islands, the world is your oyster. Golf, sail, swim, or sunbathe on the Isle of Palms or Folly Beach.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare available Charleston, SC speeds.
Extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Charleston, South Carolina
We’re not just a South Carolina internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life.
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by NortonLifeLock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Charleston internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Charleston Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Charleston Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Charleston Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Charleston Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Charleston Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in South Carolina.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 137,566 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Charleston internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Charleston — including zip codes 29401, 29403, 29405, 29407, 29409, 29412, 29414, 29424, 29445, 29450, 29455, 29464, 29487, 29492
- Folly Beach — including zip codes 29412, 29422, 29439
- Hanahan — including zip codes 29406 and 29410
- Hollywood — including zip codes 29449 and 29470
- Johns Island — including zip codes 29407, 29412, 29414, 29449, 29455, 29487
- Mount Pleasant — including zip codes 29429, 29464,29466, 29482, 29492
- North Charleston — including zip codes 29404, 29405, 29406, 29415, 29416
- Sullivan’s Island — including zip codes 29451 and 29482
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect: name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- Internet Providers in Charleston, South Caroline via Broadband Now
- Charleston County, SC Economic Development
- Internet in Charleston, SC via RealSpeeds
- Cost of Living via Payscale
- 52 Best Digital Destinations in 2021
- From Bend, Oregon to Tampa, FL, these 10 U.S. cities became work hotspots via CNBC 2021