High-Speed Internet for Raleigh
Give slow internet connection the boot. As a top internet provider in Raleigh, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the capital city of The Tar Heel State. Plus, Raleigh has been rated as one of the country’s fasting growing start-up scenes — meaning the expansion of fiber internet = more technological innovation and growth.
Hyperlink high speed internet
Download speed up to 1000 MBPS per second*
- There are three fiber internet providers in the Raleigh area.
- Roughly 75% of Raleigh has access to fiber internet.
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- The Research Triangle Park, located in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area, has a booming tech scene. 1
- Tech job openings surged 60% in Raleigh this past year.2
- The average internet speed in Raleigh is 192.71 Mbps.3
- The cost of living in Raleigh is 5% less than the national average.4
- The median home price in Raleigh is $241,512.5
Things to Do in Raleigh
A big city with a small-town feel, the capital of North Carolina has something for everyone. From thousands of acres of parkland to bustling culinary, arts, and sports scenes, you’ll love the mix of urban life and Southern charm in The City of Oaks.
Take a stroll outside with more than 9,000 acres of parkland and a renowned 180-mile greenway system right in the heart of the city.
Delight your taste buds at Raleigh Beer Garden. With 397 beers available, it’s earned a spot in the Guinness World Record Book for most beers on tap.
Cheer on the NHL Carolina Hurricanes (known locally as The ‘Canes) or become a member of the Wolfpack and root for the city’s beloved NC State basketball and football teams.
Admire 5,000 years of art history at the North Carolina Museum of Art, which also boasts the largest outdoor museum art park in the country.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare available Raleigh, North Carolina speeds.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Raleigh, North Carolina
We’re not just a North Carolina internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by NortonLifeLock:
keeps you safer than ever. Along with real-time protection and dark web monitoring, you also receive a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup
never worry about a missing file again. We’ll automatically backup and sync your files across multiple devices, and you can easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Raleigh internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Raleigh Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Raleigh Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Raleigh Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Raleigh Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Raleigh Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in North Carolina.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 1,413,982 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Raleigh internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Raleigh — including zip codes 27601, 27602, 27603, 27605, 27606, 27607, 27608, 27609, 27610, 27611, 27612, 27613, 27614, 27615, 27617, 27619, 27620, 27621, 27622, 27623, 27624, 27625, 27626, 27627, 27628, 27629, 27634, 27635, 27636, 27640, 27650, 27656, 27658, 27661, 27668, 27675, 27676, 27690, 27695, 27697, 27698, 27699
- Apex — including zip codes 27502, 27523, 27539
- Brentwood — including zip codes 27604 and 27616
- Carrboro — including zip codes 27510 and 27516
- Cary — including zip codes 27511, 27512, 27513, 27518, 27519
- Durham — including zip codes 27703 and 27713
- Pittsboro — including zip codes 27228 and 27312
- Wake Forest — including zip codes 27587 and 27588
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect: name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “North Carolina Startups Raised More Than $1 Billion Last Year. Here’s Why Raleigh Is the Tech Industry’s Best Kept Secret” via Inc Magazine, 2021
- “New report: Tech job opening across NC – up 60% in Raleigh, 30% in Durham-Chapel Hill” via WRAL Tech Wire, 6/21/21
- “Best Internet Providers in Raleigh, North Carolina” via U.S. News, 9/1/21
- “Cost of Living in Raleigh, North Carolina” via Payscale, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Raleigh, North Carolina” via Payscale, 2021