High-Speed Internet for Asheville
Suffering from a uniquely slow internet connection? EarthLink internet makes an artform out of access to high-speed internet. As a top internet provider in Asheville, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to The Land of the Sky. As a critical science and Tech data hub, all of Asheville can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet.
Hyperlink high speed internet
Download speed up to 1000 MBPS per second*
- There is one fiber internet provider in the Asheville area.1
- Roughly 49% of Asheville has access to fiber internet.3
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage.
- Asheville has a large tech and science presence as it is home to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Centers for Environment information (NCEI) headquarters.5
- North Carolina’s information technology jobs have increased 17% since 2013, ranking it among the top ten states for IT growth in the nation.2
- The average internet speed in Asheville is 184 Mbps.1
- The cost of living in Asheville is 4% less than the national average.4
- At 33.4%, Baby boomers are the largest group of homebuyers in Asheville, followed by Millennials at 25%.6
Things to Do in Asheville
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville boasts year-round hiking, biking, and kayaking. In addition to an abundance of nature and outdoor activities, the city is a foodie’s paradise with over 100 independent restaurants and 100 locally-brewed beers.
Drink in the natural surroundings of The Land of the Sky with a hike in Mount Mitchell State Park, or explore the many waterfalls and whitewater rafting spots in the Pisgah National Forest.
Tour the country’s largest private home, the 250-room Biltmore Estate. Built in 1889, it has its own winery, dairy farm, stables, and 8,000 acres of gardens.
Stroll through the River Arts District and meet more than 200 artists offering textiles, ceramics, paintings, photography, jewelry and more in their studios and galleries.
Walk the Asheville Urban Trail and learn about the cultural and architectural history of Asheville. Bonus: each stop on the trail is marked with a unique sculpture
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Asheville, North Carolina.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extend to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Asheville, North Carolina
We’re not just a North Carolina internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As an Asheville internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Asheville Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Asheville Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Asheville Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Asheville Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in North Carolina.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 94,589 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Asheville internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Asheville — including zip codes 28701, 28704, 28709, 28711, 28715, 28716, 28721, 28726, 28729, 28730, 28731, 28735, ,28742, 28743, 28745, 28748, 28751, 28753, 28757, 28778, 28787, 28801, 28803, 28804, 28805, 28806
- Hendersonville — including zip codes 28739, 28791, 28792
- Mars Hill — including zip codes 28732, 28759
- Waynesville — including zip codes 28785, 28786
- Zirconia — including zip codes 28790, 28791
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Internet Providers in Asheville, NC” via RealSpeed , 2021
- AB Tech Community College
- Internet Providers in Asheville, NC via Broadband Now
- “Cost of living in Asheville, NC” via PayScale, 2021
- “Paving the Way for Economic Growth Through Innovation & Collaboration” via Asheville Chamber of Commerce.
- Homebuyers by Metropolitan Statistical Area via NAR