High-Speed Internet for Shreveport
Ratchet up your internet speed with EarthLink Internet. As a top internet provider in Shreveport, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to Ratchet City (named after the iconic rap style, which was invented in the city). Plus, Shreve Town has been rated as one of the top Southern cities for new startups — meaning that the expansion of fiber internet is a must.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are five fiber internet providers in the Shreveport area
- Roughly 16% of Shreveport has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- Shreveport ranked 4th best city for “WFH value”1
- In 2015, Shreveport was named the #1 place for new business startups2
- The average internet speed in Shreveport is 316 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Shreveport is 9% less than the national average4
- The median home price in Shreveport is $290,7865
Things to Do in Shreveport
Seated on Louisiana’s Red River, Shreveport has something for everyone. From a world-class museum to a fantastic aquarium and tasty Cajun cuisine galore, you’ll never run out of things to do in this Louisiana hot spot.
Walk through the R.W. Norton Art Gallery, featuring American and European art and a gorgeous botanical garden.
Spend the day at Shreveport Aquarium, home to 1,000 aquatic creatures that will awe and inspire you and your little ones.
Indulge in a heaping plate of Southern comfort food at Orlandeaux’s Café, a storied Shreveport haunt offering gumbo, po’boys, and stuffed shrimp.
Enjoy the Louisiana craft beer Renaissance at Great Raft Brewing, Red River Brewing Company, or Flying Heart Brewing.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Shreveport, Louisiana.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Shreveport, Louisiana
We’re not just a Louisiana internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Shreveport internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Shreveport Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Shreveport Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Shreveport Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Shreveport Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Shreveport Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Louisiana.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 393,406 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Shreveport internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Shreveport — including zip codes 48601, 48602, 48603, 48604, 48605, 48606, 48607, 48608, 48609, 48638, 48663
- Blanchard — including zip codes 71009 and 71107
- Bossier City — including zip codes 71111, 71112, 71113, 71171, 71172
- Greenwood — including zip codes 71033 and 71119
- Keithville — including zip code 71047
- Minden — including zip codes 71055 and 71058
- Mooringsport — including zip code 71060
- Vivian — including zip code 71083
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “2021’s Best Cities for WFH Value” via LawnStarter, 7/26/2021
- “Shreveport No. 1 in places to start business” via The Advertiser, 5/13/2015
- “Internet Providers in Shreveport, LA” via All Connect, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Shreveport, Louisiana” via Payscale, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Shreveport, Louisiana” via Payscale, 2021