High-Speed Internet for New Orleans
Afraid your internet connection is too laid back? With EarthLink Internet, an easy internet connection is also a fast one. As a top internet provider in New Orleans, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to The Big Easy. Plus, it’s been rated as one of the top cities for remote work — meaning that you can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet no matter where you roam.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are three fiber internet providers in the New Orleans area.1
- Roughly 9% of New Orleans has access to fiber internet.1
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- New Orleans is rated #7 for the highest growth in technology and digital media business.
- Since 2006, New Orleans has lured more than 45 high-tech start-ups and subsidiaries, resulting in the creation of more than 20,000 jobs.2
- The average internet speed in New Orleans is 30 Mbps.4
- The cost of living in New Orleans is 5.5% higher than the national average3
- Baby Boomers make up 34.7% of homebuyers in New Orleans, while Millennials make up 26.4%.5
Things to Do in New Orleans
New Orleans is famous for its Mardi Gras, Jazz, and beignets. But it’s not just a party city. It’s a rapidly-growing cultural and technological center that’s drawing younger crowds to the city, and they’re making it home.
Celebrate New Orleans’ artistic culture with a visit to JAMNOLA, an interactive, artistic playground of paintings, sculptures, and virtual reality booths..
Relax in the shade under the Grand Oaks or Magnolia trees in New Orleans City Park, one of the oldest urban parks in the country.
You can find jazz music just about anywhere in New Orleans, but some of the best choices are the Spotted Cat or Blue Nile.
Stroll the French Quarter, a historic Creole neighborhood, and enjoy beignets at Cafe Du Monde or learn about the history of Mardi Gras at the Presbytere.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare available New Orleans, Louisiana speeds.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extend to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for New Orleans, LA
We’re not just a Louisiana internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a New Orleans internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- New Orleans Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- New Orleans Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- New Orleans Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- New Orleans Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- New Orleans Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Louisiana.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 390,845 people (and counting), the entire area is growing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best New Orleans internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Gretna — including zip codes 70053, 70054, 70056
- Harvey — including zip codes 70058, 70059, 70115
- Kenner — including zip codes 70062, 70063, 70064, 70065, 70097, 70141
- Marrero — including zip codes 70072 and 70073
- Metairie — including zip codes 70001, 700002, 700003, 700004, 700005, 700009, 700010, 700005, 700006, 700009, 700010, 70011, 70033, 70036,70055, 70060, 70062
- New Orleans — including zip codes 70067, 70112, 70113, 70114, 70116, 70117, 70118, 70119, 70121, 70122, 70123, 70124, 70125, 701126, 70127, 70128, 70129, 70130, 70131, 70139, 70142, 70143, 70145, 70146, 70148, 70150, 70151, 70152, 70153, 70154, 70156, 70157, 70158, 70159, 70160, 70161, 70162, 70163, 70164, 70165, 70166, 70167, 70170, 70172, 70124, 70174, 70175, 70176, 70177, 70178, 70179, 70181, 70182, 70183, 70184, 70185, 70186, 70187, 70189, 70190, 70195, 70358
- Westwago — including zip codes 70094, 70096
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.