High-Speed Internet for Louisville
You need internet with extra horsepower, and with EarthLink Internet, you’ll be off to the races. As a top internet provider in Louisville, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection directly to Derby City. Plus, with more and more tech start-ups popping up in town, powerful fiber internet is a must-have.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are ten fiber internet providers in the Louisville area
- Roughly 53% of Louisville has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- Louisville saw 63% growth in start-up businesses post-pandemic1
- 2019 marked the “year of tech” with 1,915 tech companies located in Louisville2
- The average internet speed in Louisville is 13 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Louisville is 8% less than the national average4
- The median home price in Louisville is $276,5595
Things to Do in Louisville
The largest and most diverse city in Kentucky, Louisville is considered the gateway to the South. From bourbon distilleries to horseracing, there’s so much to see, do, and taste.
Experience The Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs, the longest-running and most prestigious sports event in the country.
Treat your taste buds to the finest spirits on the Urban Bourbon Trail.
Visit the Slugger Museum in Louisville to see the biggest baseball bat in the world (it’s 120 feet tall and 68,000 pounds!).
Take a one-of-a-kind cruise down the Ohio River on Belle, the oldest operating steamboat in Louisville.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare available Louisville, Kentucky speeds.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Louisville, Kentucky
We’re not just a Kentucky internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Louisville internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Louisville Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Louisville Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Louisville Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Louisville Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Louisville Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Kentucky.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 1,285,439 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Louisville internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Louisville — including zip codes 40201, 40202, 40203, 40204, 40205, 40206, 40207, 40208, 40209, 40210, 40211, 40212, 40213, 40214, 40215, 40216, 40216, 40218, 40219, 40220, 40221, 40222, 40223, 40228, 40229, 40241, 40242, 40243, 40245, 40258, 40272, 40280, 40291
- Elizabethtown — including zip codes 42701 and 42724
- Fort Knox — including zip codes 40121 and 40122
- La Grange — including zip codes 40031 and 40032
- Radcliff — including zip codes 40159 and 40160
- Shelbyville — including zip codes 40065 and 40066
- Shepherdsville — including zip codes 40165 and 40166
- Sulfur — including zip codes 40055 and 40070
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Louisville’s Startup Scene” via LouToday, 10/22/2021
- “Louisville, KY: An Emerging Tech City” Via Greater Louisville Inc., 2019
- “Internet Providers in Kentucky” via High Speed Internet, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Louisville, Kentucky” via Payscale, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Louisville, Kentucky” via Payscale, 2021