High-Speed Internet for Springfield
With EarthLink Internet, you can tip your (stovepipe) hat to super-fast fiber internet. As a top internet provider in Springfield, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the home of President Lincoln. Plus, Springfield has been rated as one of the top cities for tech jobs in the Midwest — meaning that you can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet no matter what you do.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are two fiber internet providers in the Springfield area
- Roughly 22% of Springfield has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- Springfield named best city to live in after the pandemic, due to remote work availability1
- Springfield ranked #1 for highest number of tech job postings in nation2
- The average internet speed in Springfield is 420 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Springfield is 5% less than the national average4
- The median home price in Springfield is $277,6005
Things to Do in Springfield
The state capital of Illinois and home of President Abraham Lincoln, Springfield is a great place for history buffs, nature lovers, and foodies alike. Discover the top must-see sites below.
Visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum to learn more about Honest Abe and the Civil War.
Can’t get enough history? Take a step back in time at the Lincoln Home National Historic Site, the only home ever owned by our 16th President.
Discover why Springfield is known as the Flower City at the Washington Park Botanical Garden, which has more than 1,800 species of plants.
Eat a horseshoe sandwich, Springfield’s signature platter, at D’arcy’s Pint. Spoiler: it’s an open-faced sandwiched piled high with meat, fries, and cheese sauce.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Springfield, Illinois.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Springfield, Illinois
We’re not just an Illinois internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Springfield internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Springfield Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Springfield Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Springfield Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Springfield Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Springfield Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Illinois.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 205,950 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Springfield internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Springfield — including zip codes 62701, 62702, 62703, 62704. 62707, 62711, 62712
- Bloomington — including zip codes 61701, 61702, 61704, 61705, 61709, 61710, 61791, 61799
- Champaign – including zip codes 61820, 61821, 61822, 61824, 61825, 61826
- Danville — including zip codes 61832, 61833, 61834
- Decatur — including zip codes 62521, 62522, 62523, 62524, 62525, 62526
- Peoria — including zip codes 61602, 61603, 61604, 61605, 61606, 61607, 61610, 61611, 61612, 61613, 61614, 61615, 61616, 61625
- Terre Haute, IN — including zip codes 47801, 47802, 47803, 47804, 47805, 47807, 47808, 47809
- Urbana — including zip codes 61801, 61802, 61803
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Springfield named best city to live in post-pandemic” via News Channel ABC 20, 6/11/2020
- “Springfield Metro area ranked first for tech job growth in business review” via Mass Live, 10/29/2021
- “Internet providers in Springfield, IL” via All Connect, 10/13/2021
- “Cost of Living in Springfield, Illinois” via Payscale, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Springfield, Illinois” via Payscale, 2021