High-Speed Internet for San Diego
There is no need for remote workers to get heated about a slow internet connection. With EarthLink Internet, you’ll always have access to the speed you need. As a top internet provider in San Diego, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to California’s beach city. Plus, San Diego has been rated as one of the top cities for remote work, so you can benefit from the expansion of fiber internet no matter where you roam.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are four fiber internet providers in the San Diego area.1
- Roughly 32% of San Diego has access to fiber internet. 1
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- San Diego is one of the top 100 cities in the U.S. for remote work.4
- Nine technology startups in San Diego are among the fastest-growing companies in America, according to Inc 500.2
- The average internet speed in San Diego is 88.5Mbps.1
- San Diego, California’s cost of living is 44% higher than the national average.3
- Millennial homebuyers continue to make up the largest segment the San Diego homebuyers’ market at 37% 5
Things to Do in San Diego
San Diego has excellent weather year-round and 70 miles of breathtaking Pacific Ocean coastline. South of Camp Pendleton is the international border with Mexico, boasting several diverse communities, each with its own flavor and style. Despite its beachy feel, San Diego is a very tech-friendly area.
Check out San Diego’s seals, sea lions, whales, and dolphins on a Bay or ocean tour, then tour historic sailing vessels and a submarine at the Maritime Museum.
Spend the day exploring the San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, which features animal encounters, conservation efforts, and even a Wildlife Safari.
Plan to spend a day at one of San Diego’s white-sand beaches like Coronado or Pacific beach, where you can surf, jet ski, or sun bathe.
Head to the Gaslamp Quarter for nightlife in Victorian buildings with shops, galleries, theaters, trendy restaurants, and more.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare available San Diego, CA.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extend to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for San Diego, CA
We’re not just a California internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a San Diego Internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- San Diego Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- San Diego Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- San Diego Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- San Diego Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- San Diego Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in California.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 1.4 million people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best San Diego internet, but we can reach you there, too.
- Alpine — including zip codes 91901, 91903, 92019
- Bonita — including zip codes 91902, 91908, 91910
- Camp Pendleton — including zip codes 92057,92058, 92068
- Carlsbad — including zip codes 92008, 92009, 92010, 92011, 92013, 92018, 92024, 92056
- Chula Vista — including zip codes 91902, 91909, 91910, 91911, 91912, 91913, 91914, 91915, 91921, 91950, 92154, 92179
- Coronado — including zip codes 91932, 92118, 92135, 92155 and 92178
- El Cajon — including zip codes 92019, 92020, 92021, 92022, 92119
- Encinitas — including zip codes 92007, 92023, 92024, 92075
- Escondido — including zip codes 92025, 92026, 92027, 92029, 92030, 92033, 92046
- La Mesa — including zip codes 91941, 91942, 91943, 91944
- Lakeside — including zip codes 92021 and 92040
- National City — including zip codes 91902, 91947, 91950, 91951, 92136
- Oceanside — including zip codes 92003, 92049, 92051, 92052, 92054, 92056, 92057, 92058
- Poway — including zip codes 92025, 92064, 92074, 92128
- Rancho Santa Fe — including zip codes 92014, 92067, 92091, 92127
- San Diego — including zip codes: 91905, 91906, 91916, 91917,91931,91934,91948, 91962, 91963, 92004, 92007, 92036, 92037, 92014, 92059, 92060, 92061, 92065, 92066, 92101, 92102, 92104, 92105, 92106, 92107, 92108, 92110, 92111, 92113, 92114, 92116, 92117, 92122, 92123, 92124, 92126, 92129, 92134, 92140, 92145, 92147 and 92173, 92251
- San Luis Re — including zip codes 92057 and 92058
- San Marcos — including zip codes 92024, 92029, 92069, 92078, 92079, 92096
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- Internet providers in San Diego, California
- “These 9 Tech start us are among the fastest growing in the U.S.”
- “Cost of living in San Diego, California” via PayScale, 2021″
- Digital Nomadist-San Diego, CA via Nomadist.com
- Home Buyers and Sellers Generational trends via National Association of Realtors