High-Speed Internet for Sacramento
As tech blooms with new jobs in Sacramento, internet connections are vital. With EarthLink Internet, you can depend on the continued growth in our internet network and speed. As a top internet provider in Sacramento, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the River city. Plus, Sacramento is helping to lead the way for 5G expansion — so it’s set to be on the cutting-edge.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are three fiber internet providers in the Sacramento. 1
- Roughly 47% of Sacramento has access to fiber internet. 1
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage.
- Sacramento is expected to be one of the first cities in the nation to get 5G broadband access. 5
- The Greater Sacramento area rivals Silicon Valley when it comes to highly trained tech workers. 2
- The average internet speed in Sacramento is 131 Mbps 1
- The cost of living in Sacramento is 17 % more than the national average. 4
- Homebuyers span generations with Baby Boomers comprising 30.1%, Gen Xers at 38.2%, and Millennials at 24.7%. 6
Things to Do in Sacramento
Sacramento was founded during the Gold Rush Era in the 1800s and is now the capital of California and has flowers and trees blooming year-round. Plus, the temperate climate makes outdoor activities like hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, and sightseeing perfect ways to spend your time.
Old Sacramento Waterfront is a 28-acre Historic District and State Park on the Sacramento River that contains museums and living history from the Gold Rush Era
Renowned for its holdings of European master drawings and international ceramics, the Crocker Art Museum is a great way to spend a few hours.
Get some exercise and enjoy the scenery on 32 miles of paved bike trails along the American River Bicycle Trail.
The American River Ranch is a marvel of ecological innovation as it is 55-acre habitat restoration and sustainable organic farm located along the American River.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare speeds available near Sacramento.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extend to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Sacramento, California
We’re not just a California internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by NortonLifeLock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Sacramento internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Sacramento Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Sacramento Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Sacramento Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Sacramento Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Sacramento Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in California.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 407,018 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Sacramento￼ internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Sacramento — including zip codes 95811, 95814, 95815, 95816, 95817, 95818, 95819, 95822, 95833, 95834, 95835, 95837
- Arden-Arcade — including zip codes 95821, 95825, 95841, 95860, 95864
- Florin — including zip codes 95825 and 95823
- Parkway — including zip codes 95820, 95823, 95824
- West Sacramento — including zip codes 95605, 95691, 95798, 95799, 95818
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect are name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- Internet Providers in Sacramento, CA via Broadband Now
- “Tech Boom spurs growth in Sacramento Region via KCRA News
- Internet Provider Speed in Sacramento, CA via RealSpeed
- “Cost of living in Sacramento, California” via PayScale, 2021
- “5 Industries flourishing in Sacramento” via The Railyards
- Home Buyers by Metropolitan Statistical Area via National Realtors Association