High-Speed Internet for Eureka
Eureka! You’ve discovered EarthLink Internet. As a top internet provider in Eureka, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Queen City of the Ultimate West. Plus, Eureka is considered an up-and-coming destination for new businesses — meaning the expansion of fiber internet is kind of like striking gold in the 21st century.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are two fiber internet providers in the Eureka area
- Roughly 50% of Eureka has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- Eureka is poised to become a “world-class network destination”1
- The Humboldt County Economic Development Team aims to attract new businesses and support local Eureka startups2
- The average internet speed in Eureka is 134 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Eureka is 1.5% more than the national average4
- The median home price in Eureka is $401,4155
Things to Do in Eureka
Known for its role in the California Gold Rush, Eureka is a charming town perched on the shores of Humboldt Bay. From its rugged coastline to its majestic redwoods, discover the area’s unparalleled natural beauty at every turn.
Take a drive along the jaw-dropping Redwood Highway, home of the tallest trees in the world.
Get some fresh air at the Eureka Waterfront Trail, featuring 6 miles of walking paths.
Enjoy local craft beer or go shopping at an artisan boutique in Old Town Eureka, a Victorian-era neighborhood on the National Register of Historic Places.
Stop by the Carson Mansion, one of the most famous buildings in Old Town, and see why it’s considered “the most grand Victorian home in America.”
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Eureka, California speeds.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Eureka, California
We’re not just a California internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Eureka internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Eureka Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Eureka Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Eureka Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Eureka Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Eureka Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in California.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 134,977 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Eureka internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Eureka — including zip codes 95501, 95502, 95503, 95534
- Arcata — including zip codes 95518 and 95521
- Fortuna — including zip codes 95540 and 955551
- Ferndale — including zip code 95536
- Loleta — including zip codes 95536, 95540, 95551
- McKinleyville — including zip codes 95519 and 95521
- Rio Dell — including zip code 95562
- Trinidad — including zip code 95570
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect: name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “World’s longest fiber-optic line to land in Humboldt County” via Times Standard, 3/31/2021
- “About the Department” via Go Hum Co, 2021
- “Most Popular Internet Providers in Eureka, California” via Broadband Now, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Eureka, CA” via Salary.com, 2021
- “Eureka Home Values” via Zillow, 2021