High-Speed Internet for Tuscaloosa
EarthLink Internet for the win! As a top internet provider in Tuscaloosa, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the City of Champions (named after the Alabama Crimson Tide football team’s numerous wins). Plus, T-Town is home to one of the country’s top-rated universities, meaning the expansion of fiber internet is a must if you want to pass with flying colors.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are six fiber internet providers in the Tuscaloosa area
- Roughly 29% of Tuscaloosa has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- CNN Money names Tuscaloosa #11 best small metro area to launch a business1
- The Bama Technology Incubator aims to boost the number of tech companies moving into Tuscaloosa2
- The average internet speed in Tuscaloosa is 480 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Tuscaloosa is 1% more than the national average4
- The median home price in Tuscaloosa is $271,3545
Things to Do in Tuscaloosa
Perched on the banks of the Black Warrior River, Tuscaloosa is famous for being home to the University of Alabama, as well as the college’s football team, the Crimson Tide. Not a sports fan? Don’t worry—Tuscaloosa truly has it all.
Roll tide! Join the Bama fan club and cheer on the Crimson Tide at the Bryant Denny stadium. Pro tip: try the Denny dog while you’re here.
Can’t get enough football? Discover the history of the Crimson Tide at the Paul W. Bryant Museum, located on the University of Alabama campus.
Enjoy downtown Tuscaloosa while learning some history on the Tuscaloosa Civil Rights Trail, which is comprised of 18 sites that tell the stories of various Black Americans.
Take a short drive to Lake Tuscaloosa to enjoy a fun day on the water filled with fishing, boating, and more.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Tuscaloosa, Alabama
We’re not just an Alabama internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Tuscaloosa internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Tuscaloosa Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Tuscaloosa Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Tuscaloosa Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Tuscaloosa Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Tuscaloosa Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Alabama.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 235,628 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Tuscaloosa internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Tuscaloosa — including zip codes 48601, 48602, 48603, 48604, 48605, 48606, 48607, 48608, 48609, 48638, 48663
- Bessemer — including zip codes 35020, 35021, 35022, 35023
- Brookwood — including zip codes 35444 and 35468
- Coaling — including zip codes 35449 and 35453
- Knoxville — including zip codes 35462 and 35469
- Northport — including zip codes 35473, 35475, 35476
- Samantha — including zip codes 35475 and 35482
- Vance — including 35188 and 35490
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Best Places to Launch” via CNN Money, 2009
- “Small Business Incubator Programs” via Made In Alabama, 2021
- “Internet Providers in Tuscaloosa, AL” via All Connect, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama” via Payscale, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama” via Payscale, 2021