High-Speed Internet for Harrisburg
Go out on a limb with EarthLink Internet. As a top internet provider in Harrisburg, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Gateway to the Shawnee National Forest. And although The Burg may be a small town, it’s growing quickly, so you know super-fast fiber internet is more important than ever.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are five fiber internet providers in the Harrisburg area
- Roughly 10% of Harrisburg has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- Southeastern Illinois College, located in Harrisburg, is vital to training workforce and boosting local economy 1
- Tech employment in Illinois in 2020 jumped by 5,400 new jobs 2
- The average internet speed in Harrisburg is 53.9 Mbps 3
- The cost of living in Harrisburg is 19% less than the national average 4
- The median home price in Harrisburg is $68,600 5
Things to Do in Harrisburg
The center of Southeastern Illinois, Harrisburg was once a bustling coal town. Today, it’s a growing economic center known for its natural splendor and delicious grub. Check it out for yourself!
Right at Harrisburg’s doorstep is the Shawnee National Forest. Hike, bike, and admire the extraordinary rock formations at Garden of the Gods.
Spend the day at the Saline Creek Pioneer Village and learn all about how the pioneers lived and worked.
Treat your tastebuds to some Harrisburg-style thin crust pizza at Mackie’s Pizza.
Then, try your hand at axe-throwing at the locally owned Southern Illinois Axe & Ale.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Harrisburg, Illinois.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Harrisburg, Illinois
We’re not just an Illinois internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Harrisburg internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Harrisburg Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Harrisburg Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Harrisburg Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Harrisburg Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Harrisburg Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Illinois.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 24,913 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Harrisburg internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Harrisburg — including zip codes 63946 and 62965
- Cape Girardeau, MO — including zip codes 63701, 63702, 63703, 63780
- Carbondale — including zip codes 62901, 62902, 62903
- Dale — including zip codes 62817, 62829, 62859
- Evansville — including zip codes 47708, 47710, 47711, 47712, 47713, 47714, 47715, 47720, 47725
- Mount Vernon – including zip code 47620
- Nason — including zip codes 62816 and 62866
- Paducah – including zip codes 42001, 42002, 42003
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect: name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “SIC Remains a Critical Piece to Regional Economy and Source for Job Creation According to New Study,” via Southeastern Illinois College, 10/1/2021
- “Tech Employment in Illinois Grows by 5,400 Net New Jobs” via CompTIA, 4/21/2020
- “Internet Providers in Harrisburg, Illinois” via Broadband Now, 2021
- “Harrisburg, IL Cost of Living” via Areavibes.com, 2021