High-Speed Internet for Decatur
We don’t mean to spill the beans, but EarthLink Internet is now available in Decatur. As a top internet provider in the city, we’re bringing the fastest speeds and most reliable connection to the Soybean Capital of the World. Plus, Decatur is a leader in agricultural tech, logistics, and transportation, meaning expanded fiber internet is a must.
EarthLink High-Speed Internet
Download speed up to 1000 Mbps per second*
- There are two fiber internet providers in the Decatur area
- Roughly 3% of Decatur has access to fiber internet
- EarthLink has the best high-speed internet coverage
- Economic Development Corporation of Decatur & Macon County provides everything you need to launch a startup1
- Decatur ranked #3 best logistics hub in the U.S.2
- The average internet speed in Decatur is 275 Mbps3
- The cost of living in Decatur is 12% less than the national average4
- The median home price in Decatur is $258,5155
Things to Do in Decatur
Perched on idyllic Lake Decatur, the city of Decatur is known for more than being the Soybean Capital of the World. It’s also known as “Park City USA” for having more parks than any other city in the country. Here are just a few fun things you won’t want to miss.
Bring the kids to the Children’s Museum of Illinois, a 27,000-square-foot museum where your children’s imagination can run wild.
Explore the Scoville Zoo, home to more than 400 animals from across 6 continents.
One of the most popular spots in the city is Nelson Park, a lakefront park on Lake Decatur. Enjoy a picnic, walk your dog, or play disc golf while you’re there.
Stop by the Chevrolet Hall of Fame Museum to see iconic automobiles from the 1920s to the present day.
Better connectivity for increased productivity
EarthLink considers internet speed to be the most essential requirement for any user, which is why we provide a wide range of speeds up to 1 Gig. Call today to compare internet speeds available near Decatur, Illinois.
The right connection and transparent pricing also extends to your mobile provider. EarthLink Mobile offers five plans to fit any lifestyle, all with the best nationwide coverage. Plus, you can bring your own phone or upgrade to a newer device. Call to get started today!
EarthLink Security & Tools for Decatur, Illinois
We’re not just an Illinois internet provider. With a whole suite of tools, we’re here for every part of your digital life. We offer:
EarthLink Protect+ Powered by Norton Life Lock:
Keeps you safer than ever. This cyber safety tool offers real-time protection and dark web monitoring plus a secure VPN, million-dollar protection package, and more.
EarthLink Online Backup:
Never worry about a missing file again. Use online backup to automate your data backup, sync your files across multiple devices, and easily view and share your files with family and friends.
Keeping your kids safer online is a full-time job — we can help. Powered by Bark, Guardian is a parental control tool that helps families manage and protect their children’s online lives while still preserving privacy.
The solution to your smart device problems is our remote IT support. If you have a TV that won’t connect, a video doorbell that won’t ring (or any other smart device issue), just call our product experts, and they’ll work to resolve your problem remotely.
Internet Service Comparison Chart
Not sure which type of high-speed internet service is actually the best? We break down a few options here, or you can find out more. Spoiler: fiber is the clear winner.
As a Decatur internet provider, EarthLink offers:
- Decatur Fiber Internet: the fastest speeds with no data caps and maximum reliability.
- Decatur Wireless Home Internet: faster speeds than your cell phone’s hotspot, wide availability, and easy installation.
- Decatur Satellite Internet: a dependable choice for rural internet with a variety of plans to fit your needs.
- Decatur Rural Internet: if you live in a hard-to-reach area or an internet desert, we can help keep you connected.
- Decatur Business Internet: if you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, trust one of the top internet providers in Illinois.
Nearby Cities/Zip Codes
With a population of 103,019 people (and counting), the entire area is flourishing. You don’t have to live in the very heart of downtown to get the best Decatur internet — but we can reach you there, too.
- Decatur — including zip codes 62521, 62522, 62523, 62524, 62525, 62526
- Bloomington — including zip codes 61701, 61702, 61704, 61705, 61709, 61710, 61791, 61799
- Danville — including zip codes 61832, 61833, 61834
- Peoria — including zip codes 61602, 61603, 61604, 61605, 61606, 61607, 61610, 61611, 61612, 61613, 61614, 61615, 61616, 61625
- Springfield — including zip codes 62701, 62702, 62703, 62704. 62707, 62711, 62712
- Terre Haute — including zip codes 47801, 47802, 47803, 47804, 47805, 47807, 47808, 47809
- Urbana — including zip codes 61801, 61802, 61803
Frequently Asked Questions
No. If you’re already an EarthLink customer, we make it easy to transfer your service to your new address.
It only takes a few minutes to let us know you’re moving. We can help in two ways: check the available service for your new address above or call us at 888-327-8454.
For the smoothest transition, let us know you’re moving at least two weeks before you need service at your new address. It takes a little time, so the sooner you can let us know, the better. We ask for at least two weeks to avoid any downtime. We’ll keep you posted on progress via text on the phone number updated on your account.
An installation fee will be determined when your relocation order is submitted. Similar to the original installation, we’ll send a professional installer to get you all set up. Any early termination fees at the old address will be waived when service is established at the new address. Your new service will have an updated early termination fee.
Take your modem, power cord, and cables. When the technician arrives to set up your transferred service, they’ll take back what isn’t needed. Don’t be surprised if the technician provides new and better equipment.
You can upgrade at any time! We would have to check serviceability first to see what higher speeds are supported at your new address.
Not a problem! You can respond to the relocation confirmation text you receive from us or call as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. The number is 888-327-8454 and select the “relocation” option if prompted. Please note: an adult (18 years or older) must be present at the new address at the time of installation.
We continue to widen our national internet service footprint, so this is getting more and more unlikely. However, if we can’t make this happen (we’ll miss you!), we will let you know right away so you can plan accordingly. Please note: any early termination fees will apply if the move occurs while the service is under contract.
Not a problem. We’ll need to talk to both of you together to transfer ownership of the service. Details we’ll need to collect name, email, phone, method of payment, and all security questions (which we will verify separately) to transition the account. Also remember: EarthLink email addresses can also be transferred.
We will make the arrangements to move your email address and any other service you have subscribed to.
*Actual speeds may vary based on network activity, configuration, and other factors. Subject to availability. Some prices shown may be introductory offers. Equipment fees, taxes, and other fees and restrictions may apply.
- “Startup” via Limitless Decatur, 2021
- “Work” via City of Decatur, Illinois, 2021
- “Internet providers in Decatur, IL” via All Connect, 10/13/2021
- “Cost of Living in Decatur, Illinois” via Payscale, 2021
- “Cost of Living in Decatur, Illinois” via Payscale, 2021