EarthLink Launches New Secure WiFi Service, Featuring Integrated Security, Customer Analytics and Social Media|
ATLANTA, GA — April 22 , 2014 — EarthLink Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: ELNK), a leading IT and communications provider, today announced the launch of its new Secure WiFi™ service, featuring a top-rated Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) ideally suited for multi-unit retailers, restaurants, healthcare and financial service providers. EarthLink Secure WiFi enables distributed enterprises with multiple locations to easily deploy and manage highly secure private and public wireless networks, connect with customers through their mobile devices and social media, and gather data for visitor analytics. With EarthLink Secure WiFi, enterprises can also support mobile point-of-sale applications and provide employees with access to corporate applications, training, and product and inventory information on tablets, smartphones or other devices. EarthLink demonstrated this new service at the January National Retail Federation Show in New York City with partner AirTight Networks, a global provider of secure cloud WiFi solutions.
"Consumers already use their mobile devices to gather information and get what they need more efficiently. With EarthLink Secure WiFi, our clients can roll out applications to connect with those consumers and securely enable mobile transactions, while gathering valuable data for marketing and operations," said Greg Griffiths, EarthLink Vice President of Retail Solutions. "This offering, coupled with our MPLS network, is part of our overall focus on providing the end-to-end secure infrastructure that clients need to transform their businesses."
Simple to deploy and manage, EarthLink Secure WiFi is designed to support multi-location enterprises. Features include:
- Secure, high-speed WiFi with guest access: Supports mobile POS and company-owned devices as well as guest Internet access from a single Access Point (AP).
- Top-rated Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS): Automatically applies security policies and detects and blocks threats.
- PCI, HIPAA, GBLA and SOX compliant: with detailed reporting available.
- Social media integration: Enables customers to login and connect with the business via social media and a personalized home page.
- Consumer presence and social media analytics: Provides visibility into mobile WiFi usage and traffic statistics that clients can use to analyze customer behavior and preferences.
- Cloud-based management: Enables management of hundreds to thousands of locations from a single web-based portal.
- Plug and play zero-touch installation: No IT staff or special training required.
"Through our partnership with EarthLink, it's easier than ever for distributed enterprises of all sizes to deploy and manage secure, reliable wireless networks. The combination of EarthLink's full-service network management, provisioning and support capabilities and our top-rated wireless, analytics and security technology sets a new standard in the industry for enterprise-class WiFi and custom-branded experiences," said David King, CEO, AirTight Networks.
EarthLink also offers a full suite of solutions ideal for distributed companies, including MPLS Networks, PCI Compliance Validation, Hosted Voice, and Unified Endpoint Management and Security.
About EarthLinkClick Here To Print This Press Release
EarthLink (EarthLink Holdings Corp.,
NASDAQ: ELNK) is a leading network services provider dedicated to delivering great customer experiences in a cloud connected world. We help thousands of multi-location businesses securely establish critical connections in the cloud. Our solutions for cloud and hybrid networking, security and compliance, and unified communications provide the cost-effective performance and agility to serve customers anytime, anywhere, via any channel, or any device. We operate a nationwide network spanning 29,000+ fiber route miles, with 90 metro fiber rings and secure data centers that provide ubiquitous data and voice IP coverage. To learn why thousands of specialty retailers, restaurants, franchisors, financial institutions, healthcare providers, professional service firms, local governments, residential consumers and other carriers choose to connect with us, visit us at